On April 4th, 2023, OptoNet Training Center in Jihlava hosted a training session on the fundamentals of VOIP Cisco telephony. The training session focused on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CUCMe) services.
– Description of CUCM and CUCMe basic services
– Phone registration and main configuration items for CUCM and CUCMe
– Numbering plan and privilege levels for individual users
– Connection options for third-party devices (non-Cisco phones)
– LMSW (ESS3300-based) switch settings for IPT (VLANs, QoS)
– Multi-level environment management – ccmadmin x ccmuser
– Licensing method (FLEX license)
The session began with an introduction to the basic services of CUCM and CUCMe, followed by a discussion on phone registration and the main configuration items for both systems. Participants also learned about numbering plans and privilege levels for each user, as well as connection options for third-party devices, such as non-Cisco phones.
The training also covered LMSW switch settings (ESS3300-based) for IPT, including VLANs and QoS. Participants learned how to manage multi-level environments, including the ccmadmin and ccmuser interfaces.
Finally, the training session covered licensing methods, including the FLEX license, which is used to activate features and services in CUCM.